The Coronavirus (COVID-19), declared “a public health emergency of international concern” by the World Health Organization, has people on high alert and taking extra precautions to protect themselves and their families. As you take steps to protect yourself from Coronavirus, consider the following everyday preventive measures you can do to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze into the inner elbow or with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
Additionally, if you or a family member experience any symptoms such as fever, cough and/or shortness of breath, please seek medical attention immediately.
Keep in mind that Coronavirus cannot be diagnosed or treated by telemedicine. Diagnosis of the Coronavirus requires a physical test to be administered to the patient. Currently, this test can be administered only through the local health departments or primary care physician offices. Calls or consultation requests coming into telemedicine providers from members regarding the Coronavirus may not result in a consultation. The best course of action is to contact your local health department or primary care physician for a diagnosis.
First Financial encourages our customers to stay alert and educated on Coronavirus to keep themselves and their family members healthy.