The purpose of this document is to discuss how information is handled on our websites, including ffga.com and our other affiliated websites. We reserve the right to make changes to this notice at any time. If changes are made, we will post the revised notice at ffga.com/privacy.
Your use of our site indicates that you understand and agree to our collection, use, and sharing of your information as set forth in this document.
Information We Collect
We collect and maintain information about you, so we can provide you with the insurance coverage and other products and services that you have requested. We also use your information to protect, service, and administer your records, policies, and accounts. We may also use your information to help design new or improved products and services, to maintain the functionality of our website, or to improve our business processes. Most importantly any information that you may agree to provide helps us better understand your financial and insurance needs, so we can continue to provide you high quality products and services.
We require you to share your personal information with us for some of our online activities. These activities include, but are not limited to, accessing your policies online, applying for products or services, and asking us questions. Other information about you may be passively collected during your use of our websites and mobile applications by using software or analytics methods that we may choose to employ. Some examples of the information that First Financial may collect include:
- Demographics, such as name, address, age, marital status, date of birth, Social Security number, annual income, and other financial information. This includes information supplied on an application or to an insurance agent. If you interact with us on social media, we may collect information about your social media handle or other information made visible to us via social media permissions.
- Information about your business with us or others. This information is about other products or services you own or use and may be provided to us by you upon our written request or via cookies or tokens related to websites that you visit.
- Employment information or benefit eligibility data provided by your employer or group plan sponsor for any group product you may have. This type of data is typically either provided in writing or electronically through a secure process.
- Consumer reporting agency data, such as credit relationships and history. This type of data would be provided upon our written request. For example, if you are a job applicant or if the information is necessary to transact business with us. This includes information that an agency already has on file.
- Other data held by sources outside our company, such as medical records, motor vehicle reports, etc. This data is provided to us upon our request. The medical information may be provided by a medical provider, from electronic medical records, or from the Medical Information Bureau (MIB).
- Internet and electronic network activity information, including IP address, geolocation data, device information, operating system information, and details about activity performed on our websites or mobile applications such as mouse clicks, time spent on pages, order of operations performed, or any other actions taken while visiting our sites or apps. This includes information provided by your device, information collected by our systems, and information collected by cookies, pixels, and services that we may use.
- Payment information. We may collect data such as credit card or bank account information that you provide to us to collect or send payments to you.
- Job application data that you provide to us or to a third-party application in reference to a job that we have posted at one of our companies.
We may also combine information about you that we receive from different sources.
How do we use the information that we have collected?
We use the information we have collected about you to
- Provide you with products and services
- Improve our products and services
- Enhance our customer experience
- Conduct activities related to fraud prevention and security of our systems
- Engage in marketing activities as described in our GLBA and HIPAA notices
- Troubleshoot our websites
- Collect feedback from you
How do we share the information that we have collected?
We may share the information we collect with affiliated or non-affiliated companies for business purposes or for the limited marketing purposes that are described in the GLBA notice posted on this website. We may share the information we collect with third parties, such as those that assist us in servicing our products and policies or with those that work with us to improve our product offerings or our customer experience. We will also share the information we have collected if we are required to do so to comply with the law; to cooperate with law enforcement, legal counsel, or our auditors; or to respond to requests by regulators or similar entities.
Where are the HIPAA Notices of Privacy Practices and the Gramm Leach Bliley notice located?
Download First Financial’s GLBA Notice in Adobe PDF format.
Download First Financial’s HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices in Adobe PDF format.
What about the mobile application?
Last reviewed 1/2023