529 College Savings
A 529 Qualified Tuition Plan is a tax-advantage savings plan that offers you the tools to effectively save for your child's education. Saving today can make a big difference when it's time for college. According to the College Board, the average cost for a four year public school has increased nearly 51% over the last 10 years and is expected to continue rising1. Saving for college, instead of relying on loans, can more than cut the total cost in half.
Going to college increases earning potential
Among men, median earnings of four-year college graduates were 63% higher than median earnings of high school graduates in 2005.1
Among women, median earnings of four-year college graduates were 70% higher than median earnings of high school graduates in 2005.1
Plan benefits include:
- Federal income tax breaks with tax deferred contributions
- Possible State tax benefits (check with your state)
- Contributor retains control of the account
- Tax reporting needed only when you make withdrawals
- Flexible in that you can rollover to another 529 plan
Interested in 529 Qualified Tuitions Plans?
Ask about benefits through First Financial where you work.